The Bowen Technique is a remarkable therapy that helps to gently stimulate the body’s natural self-healing and self-correcting processes to return it to it’s previous healthy state.
- A treatment shifts the body from a stressed “fright, fight, flight” state to a “relax, rest, repair” mode where healing occurs.
- A result can often be rapid and provide often long-lasting relief from pain and discomfort, often where other modalities and treatments have not been effective.
- Benefits are usually apparent within one to four sessions, even when long-standing conditions are being treated; results can be lasting and profound.
- Like massage, it can help with many acute and long-standing chronic injuries and conditions.
- Generally a deep sense of relaxation occurs during or after a treatment.
- Bowen is drug-free, non-invasive and, because of the gentle nature of its application, suitable for all ages, from newborn babies to the elderly.
- It treats the whole person and aims to treat the causes of problems, rather than the effects of them (the symptoms).
- There are very few contraindications with Bowenwork®.
The Bowen Technique is considered a complementary therapy as it enhances and complements, but does not interfere with, traditional medical attention. The Bowen Technique is not a substitute for medical treatment. If in doubt, clients are requested to please consult with their doctors.
For more information on the Bowen Technique, visit www.bowtech.com.